Wednesday, August 8, 2012

30 Day Truth Challenge: Day 2

 Something you love about yourself:

This is a hard question to answer. I don't really know what I love about myself. The best answer to this question is my desire to learn and question. Growing up my dad taught me that people in general lie and they'll continue to lie to me if I don't learn to question everything around me. You have to question your surroundings, your government, and the political system in general. However, no interrogation is effective unless you do the proper research. That's why growing up I fell in love with history. I've always believed that if you don't know your past you'll never have a future. I think my dad had the greatest influence on me engaging in debate competitively. I love debate so much and I love being able to do research and seeks truths by learning both sides of an argument. It's a forum to engage in a particular topic that I may not have otherwise engaged in. 

I took a walk the other day and realized that living a little bit further away from all the city lights is one of the greatest decisions I've ever made in my life. Right down the street there is a beautiful park with a very large open field. I imagined myself just laying in the field and looking at the stars for hours. It's been so long since I've been able to look at the stars and see them so clearly. It's one of the most relaxing therapies I've ever engaged in. But more on this later I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment