Something You Hope to Do in Your Life:
There are so many things I hope to do in my life. How do you pick just one? Can't this just be my bucket list posting? No? Dang it. Well I guess the number one thing I hope to do in my life is attend Stanford School of Law. This has been my dream ever since I was 10 years old. I've made quite a few mistakes on my way to my dream but who doesn't right? First mistake.... I was born in Topeka, KS. Nobody cares about the poor girl from the midwest. Yeah, I know. but whatevs I guess. The second mistake... I ended high school with a 3.5 GPA, minimal extracurriculars, and minimal volunteer hours. Let's not forget my socioeconomic status is boring old middle class. Too good for financial need based scholarships and too crappy of a resume for merit based scholarships. That means I end up at the University of Kansas. Granted, I really love KU and it has one of the top 5 debate programs in the nation which a really attractive quality to the school. However, that's just not good enough to be on the radar of a perfect IVY league college. Now I'm going into my 3rd year of undergraduate school and I'm not doing quite as well as I'd like. I'll probably finish college with a GPA somewhere between 3.4-3.7. So it looks like my life is highly dependent on my success with the LSAT test. ugh.... that means massive amounts of studying I have to do on top of all my debate work and school work if I want any hope of getting about a 170. We shall see how things work out. I've got a couple of years to just kind of figure out what it is that I can do to make my resume look a lot better when it comes to applying for law school. I really hope that I can get into Stanford Law. If not then I really hope that I can get into a Top 15 school at the very least. That should be a little bit easier.... maybe :)
P.S. I don't know if you know this about me blog world but one of my favorite shows and guilty pleasures is Drop Dead Diva.... Oh yes yes yes. I guess its just really cool so see a show where the leading lady is plus size and attractive and confident. Did I mention that Jane's character went to law school at Stanford? Definitely was a sign that my dream was meant to be. I know super cheesy and blah blah blah... I'm a silly little girl. well guess what?!?!?! LONG HAIR DON'T CARE :D
Wish me luck in my endeavors Blog World.
No comments:
Post a Comment