I hope that I never have to bury a child. I truly hope that someday I'm in a position to have a child and he or she is beautiful and perfect in every way imaginable. I always think about all the pain my sister and my best friend have gone through. My sister was in the last days of her first pregnancy when she had the realization that her son was no longer moving. Her world slowly fell apart when she went to the hospital and learned that she was having a stillbirth. She went through 9 months of pregnancy and then had to suffer the hours of labor to push out a baby that was already dead. It was the worst experience of her life. I was so proud of her for rebounding the way she did. She went back to school and she continued with her life after a couple weeks of mourning.
This is a photo of Christopher Ryan Mapes. He would have grown up into the most beautiful boy imaginable. It breaks my heart to know he's not with us today.
One of my best friends in the entire world suffered a tragedy as terrible if not worse that my sister. She had a son named and got to keep and raise him for a few months before he was taken from this world because of S.I.D.S. For those who don't know that stands for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. This condition is still very mysterious in the medical field. Doctors don't know what is causing S.I.D.S. and researchers are still struggling. Ever since his death I have been extremely committed to the March of Dimes charity group. All proceeds that are donated through the March of Dimes go toward research on Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. I hope that one day very soon we find a way to detect and prevent S.I.D.S.
This is Aiden O'Brien. He was taken from the world far too soon.
A wonderful blessing is these two women had another chance at childbirth. They both had another son and these two boys are growing healthy and Strong.
This is Kadence Levi O'Brien. He is 3 years old now and he's the goofiest monster I've ever known. He's so smart and active. I'm blessed to be apart of his life.
This is Anderson Mykal Mapes. He just turned 1 year old. He is the perfect nephew. The best I could ever ask for. He has his first 6 teeth and more are coming in everyday. He's smart, playful and strong.




No comments:
Post a Comment