Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted:
I don't really know how it happened but one of my best friends during high school drifted out of my life. To be honest a lot of people who I was very close with during my high school years have drifted away. I always told myself that it was just a stupid cliche that wasn't going to happen to me. I was going to remain very close with all of the people who I had been friends with for the past 3-4 years. Well turns out when you move just 20-25 miles away from home those people start to disappear. One of my closest friends was this girl named Evanne, we used spend every day together, going to the park, taking pictures, acting crazy. I'm not really sure how it happened that we stopped being close friends. It was like one day I was coming over to her house and we were talking about life, boys, love, we were hanging out with her mom and day, going to dinner and movies and taking trips to Kansas City just because we can and the next day she doesn't text me back, she breaks plans, I'm not going with her whenever we go to Gage and slowly but surely we don't text at all, we don't hang out, and its almost as if we were never friends only acquaintances. It was one of the saddest moments of my life. When I look back on it I'm still a little bit confused about what happened but I'm over it. For most of my life I had friends who I was close with for about 6 months to a year and then we never talked again so I really wasn't phased when she became just another one of those people. I hate it a lot and wish that we could have been a lot closer but I mean what are you gonna do?
Thanks,
Meggie
No comments:
Post a Comment