Saturday, October 6, 2012

30 Day Truth Challenge: Day 13


A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
So, apparently I'm writing a letter to a band or artist. Uhhhh. I guess I'll write my letter to Eminem because he's probably the artist I turn to when I'm having a seriously shitty day. 

Dear Marshall Mathers (a.k.a. Eminem)

I think it's important to use your proper name when writing you a letter but who knows. I think I would like to just let you know how much I appreciate your music. Some have labelled you as the God of metaphors. I find this to be a truth. I don't think I could look to any other artist to find a metaphor that sums up any type of emotional feeling I have. I find you to be a truly inspirational artist because you've proven that white people can find a deep relationship to hip - hop and you don't necessarily need the black experience to make great music. I discovered your music when I was in the 5th grade I believe. I started listening to "I just don't give a fuck" and although I couldn't really relate to the words in the song as such a young kid but I certainly used this song and many others as an inspiration to not care about the kids in school who would bully me for being different. It was my philosophy about the things people would say about me. It taught me not to be responsive or care about all of the impermanent people in my life because one day I would find real people I can relate to and who will care about me. 

I don't really know where I was going with this. I guess that's what I get for stopping and starting a blog post. That's all. 

Love, 
Meggie

No comments:

Post a Comment