A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
So, clearly it is impossible for me to keep myself on track with something I thought I really wanted to do. I guess better late than never is an acceptable process for this new post. A book that has changed my views on something. I know this probably sounds wonky but the book, Fifty Shades of Grey actually changed my views on the way that I see people. Both men and women. For a long time I thought that I was just one of those girls that wanted a man like Christian Grey, you know the type: dreamy, rich, successful, adventurous, sexy.... the works. I've also always had some amount of interest in the sexual styles of BDSM and have wanted to try being a submissive lover. So one would think, although I absolutely hate the Twilight books and think they are trash for literature, Fifty Shades of Grey would totally be my thing. Not so fast blogger world.
Here's the thing. I can easily get past the lack of literary merit that exists in many, if not all romance novels because there's nothing juicer than reading about all the sex and imagining it in my head. What this book lead me to realize is that the dreamy, rich, successful, adventurous, and sexy guy is not a real thing. That guy is most definitely a controlling jack ass. He pretends to care about the things I want even though he just ants to use me as a means to an end. I can live without that kind of shit. Honestly I can. Weirdly enough, this book has made me so much happier with the state of my being a highly independent person who wants so much out of life. I don't want a man if that means my dream might be sacrificed because I have to give into his livelihood. I want to be my own adventurous, successful, and rich person. (I'll probably never be dreamy or sexy, but I'm okay with that.) I don't want some man to be all those things for me. I want to be them for myself.
In reality, I probably knew all of these things beforehand. After reading that book though it really made them clear to me. It also made very clear to me my existing semi/dependence on men for happiness. Fuck that shit for life.
Love,
Me!
I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment